Contact Us

Contact us at catniptoyworks@gmail.com or on Etsy at: www.etsy.com/shop/CatnipToyworks

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Did your Grandmother Inspire you to Create too? Take a Look at Bailey's Bruins

It seems a lot of us started sewing because of our grandmothers. I hope that tradition always continues. Take a listen to this teddy sewer's story and see if it sounds familiar. And I'd love to hear from you if you have a "Nonny" story too about your grandmother. (clarasclosetinfo@gmail.com)


Rosie Bear
I came across Bailey's Bruins on the team that I started on Etsy called We Love Softies: Dolls, Animals and Cuties. (Feel free to join us at http://www.etsy.com/teams/7975/we-love-softies-dolls-animals-and-cuties) . 

Tiffany Bailey is the creative mind behind Bailey's Bruins. She  makes the most charming bears and other characters. What I love about them is that they have such expressions on their faces! And you can just feel the love that went into crafting them.



Bailey's Bruins (www.baileysbruins.etsy.com) is run out of a small cottage in Bonne Terre, MO. It's easy to imagine a sweet cottage set back from the road filled with marvelous bears, bunnies, and other stuffed lovelies just waiting to go into the hands of a girl or boy who loves softies. Or perhaps even an adult like one of us!


Tiffany, the head bear maker at Bailey's Bruins says, " I have been sewing as long as I can remember because both of my grandmothers thought this was an important skill to learn. Both of them made quilts, their children's clothing and later on toys for the grandkids-I still have many of them! I have followed in the path of these great ladies by creating the animals you are about to see, some even their original creations." 


Jingle BearShe goes on to say, "Each animal is hand sewn and unique-I've never been able to make the same one twice! They are all made with faux fur or recycled clothing-anything from corduroy pants, old army fatigues or a vintage coat. They are filled with hypoallergenic stuffing or plastic beads and jointed with plastic safety joints and safety eyes unless otherwise noted. I learned to create teddy bears from a lady I met years ago and have been doing it ever since."

You can find Tiffany Bailey's creations, including these adorable bears at www.baileysbruins.etsy.com or at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Baileys-Bruins/115007531880138.  Stop on by and support another one of us softie lovers. And keep the stuffed ones coming.



No comments:

Post a Comment